Buying and owning a property involves a huge responsibility. It entails lots of work just to keep it in good condition. One of these has to do with maintaining the plumbing system of your property. There are ways or practices that you can incorporate into your daily routine to do this, such as placing a strainer on top of the drain to prevent hair strands from going down the drainpipe.
However, it is still best to have your plumbing system maintained by professional plumbers. If you let them do the maintenance work, they can diagnose minor issues such as a water leakage. Although it is considered a minor plumbing problem, a leak can lead to a burst pipe when you neglect or disregard it. Maintenance service is, in some ways, an effective water leakage detector form as it prevents property damage before it starts.
What is Water Leakage?
This is a common plumbing issue where the water seeps out of the pipes or other fixtures such as faucets and showerheads. The problem often occurs on the property because of a lack of maintenance work. Minor water leaks are relatively easy to fix using a sealant or tools such as a wrench and screwdriver.
However, some property owners disregard the issue until it becomes a full-blown burst pipe. When this happens, expect to shell out more money for professional repair fees. First, you have to call licensed plumbers to work on the burst pipe. Second, if the foundation of your property has been affected, you would need an experienced restoration team to handle the resulting water damage.
Effects of Leaks on Your Property
A water leak damage is a serious problem as it can make the property unlivable. When you notice any sign of leaks in your property, it is essential that you call professionals for the needed water leakage repair.
1. Structural Damage
When you have a leak at home, the first thing it will affect is the foundation. Hidden leaky pipes are the usual culprits for this problem. Finding them is almost impossible when you don’t pay extra attention to the conditions of the structural features of your property.
A water leak damage to the home can have various consequences. The most common of these are the following:
- Cracks on the wall
- Stains on the ceiling
- Warped floorboards
- Bubbling sound from the flooring
A water damage in the house can cause the foundation to collapse if not addressed immediately. The water seeping through the property can weaken its structural integrity. When you notice these damages to your property, make a call to professional plumbers who will provide the needed water leakage repair services.
2. Mold Buildup
Molds grow in damp areas. When you have a water leakage somewhere in the property, these fungi can thrive in the affected area because of the constant presence of water. Molds can also affect the structural integrity of your home, particularly wood-based ceilings which will usually have stains.
Mold buildup in your property is a health hazard as well. It can cause respiratory diseases such as asthma and pneumonia. If you have allergies, molds can also trigger them.
3. Property Devaluation
When your property suffers from water leakage, its value will depreciate over time. A leak also has long-term effects on your home that can stay for years if you don’t quickly address it. When it’s time for you to sell the place, the unresolved damages can cause the property value to go down significantly.
Ensure that this does not happen by getting a reliable company’s professional water leakage repair services. They will ensure that the problem gets resolved efficiently, and you will not encounter it again provided you have regular maintenance.
Detecting Water Leakage at Home
There are different ways to detect a water leakage problem before it ultimately damages your property. Here are some signs that you have this problem at home:
- Unusually high water bill – When you notice that your water bill has increased tremendously, compare it to the same month from the previous year. Sometimes, the increase is brought by seasonal changes, especially during summertime. If the bill is higher than last year’s record, it’s an indication of a leak. Check if you can fix the problem by using common plumbing tools; if not, get professional assistance immediately.
- Water buildup or puddles – If you frequently see puddles around the areas where there are active plumbing fixtures such as under the toilet bowl and kitchen sink, it’s a clear sign of a nearby leakage. Quickly find its origin and call for professional help before it damages your property.
- Fluctuating water pressure – If the supply of water that goes out of the outlets fluctuates without moving the levers, it means that there is a water leak in the connecting pipes. Shut off the supply valves and check the water meter to see if it is still moving. If so, immediately call professional plumbers so they can find the leak and fix it.
- Wheezing sound from the plumbing fixtures – The sound that a leakage produces is easy to notice because it is irritating to the ears. Follow the noise to find the leak’s location in the plumbing system.
If you notice these signs, you can verify the problem better by using a water leakage detector. This is a plumbing tool that tracks or monitors the flow of water into the pipeline. When there is an irregularity with the flow, you have a leaky fixture somewhere.
Call Deep Water Emergency Services & Restoration now if you have water leaks.
Has your property suffered from flooding due to a water leakage problem?
At Deep Water Emergency Services & Restoration, we offer services that can help fix damaged areas and furniture sets on your property. We can bring them back to their former condition as if they are new. One of our services is water damage restoration in Colorado Springs. We ensure efficient repair and full restoration of your damaged investments through this service.
What are you waiting for? Call us now and let our professionals restore your valued home items.